- This event has passed.
NELSIP Providers Open Forum: Foundation Skills
Regular discovery sessions for Training Providers involved in the North East LSIP.
the NEAA has been appointed by the Department for Education to lead the development of a new Local Skills Improvement Plan for the North East. We are holding weekly online forums via Teams to gather insight and experience on specific subjects from Education & Training Providers. These sessions are open to anyone with an interest and something to contribute.
In this session we would appreciate participants sharing their insight and experience in the following areas:
- What are the key challenges associated with raising the attainment of foundation /level 2 skills in Maths, English, and digital for those in the age group 16-19?
- What are the benefits or challenges associated with Functional Maths/English programmes versus GCSE re-sits, when it comes for preparing for work or further study?
- What measures could increase the number of young people attaining level 2 qualifications in Maths and English?
- Which employability skills provision is most effective in helping young people find employment?
- What foundation skills programmes have been effective for adult learners, who are either in or out of employment, and why?
Please note: This session will be recorded and made available to others.