- This event has passed.
NELSIP Providers Open Forum: Careers Information Advice & Guidance
Regular discovery sessions for Training Providers involved in the North East LSIP.
The NEAA has been appointed by the Department for Education to lead the development of a new Local Skills Improvement Plan for the North East. We are holding weekly online forums via Teams to gather insight and experience on specific subjects from Education & Training Providers. These sessions are open to anyone with an interest and something to contribute.
In this session we would appreciate participants sharing their insight and experience in the following areas:
- When are young people typically making decisions about where they might want to work in?
- Who plays a role in influencing decisions young people make and what are the key influences impacting those choices?
- What are the characteristics of good quality careers information, advice, and guidance to young people in the age-group 16-19?
- What impact has North East Ambition and the adoption of the Good Career Guidance Benchmark framework had on careers guidance, information, and advice to young people in the region?
- What more could employers or sector-bodies do to help young people make more informed subject and career decisions?
Please note: This session will be recorded and made available to others.